Monday, August 13, 2012

Thirteen

August 14, 1999

Yes, this is us 13 years ago. Craig was just 21 and I had just turned 20. He was going into his Senior year at OBU and we thought we had it all figured out. We couldn't wait to get married and our wedding was just like I had always planned it since I had been a little girl. I never thought I would find the perfect guy, but I did. When did I know he was the one? The first time I saw him teach the youth at FBC Washington. It was like I was watching our future. I had felt "called" to the ministry but had no idea how I would fulfill what God had called me to. The night I watched Craig teach I realized it and was so excited about what HE had planned for us. We've been married and have served beside each other for the last 13 years and I wouldn't trade one single minute. As I sit here thinking about this last year I'm so thankful God had this Man picked out for me. I'm beyond blessed!! He is a patient and loving man. He is an incredible Father. He is the most amazing Youth Pastor. He is caring and comforting when I'm sick. He is fun and interesting. He is smart and humble. He is understanding and brave. He is protective and soft spoken. He is handsome and driven. And most of all He is a beautiful example of a Christian. 
To Craig,
I truly love you deeper everyday we are together. Thank you for always being the loving man I married 13 years ago. I wouldn't trade a single day of what we've shared and been through together. I know I don't tell you near enough, but you are so much more than I deserve. Thank you for working so hard for me and the girls and being the leader God has called you to be in our family. You are my dream come true.
Happy Anniversary,
Julie