Thursday, December 30, 2010

Grandpa Towery's Shop

While we were in Missouri over Christmas I asked Grandpa Towery to take me to his shop and show me around. I quickly found out that this man is in love with his shop and the work he can do for others in there. He had a story for every tool, and I couldn't have enjoyed it more hearing about each one. It's amazing how a camera can open up past memories and thoughts about the future. I love Grandpa Towery for the example he is for Craig and I with his marriage to Grandma, his work ethic, and his committed walk with the Lord. Thanks Grandpa!!
I loved this cabinet because Grandpa wrote what each drawer is for and look at the pulls, there little screws. So much thought about each item. Love it!!

I would like to have this. Gale's, (Craig's Dad) side of the family is so creative. His sister is an amazing flourist and decorater, His mom has a great eye for sewing, Gale himself has made some of the most beautiful pieces of furniture and he's an engineer for OGE, and Grandpa, well just look at this cabinet. Maybe not everyone would like it, but I love the cast iron drawers, and the wood drawers with the glass pulls.  

He is so organized and precise. Every tool in its place, by size, by tool, and probably even more detail than that.

I loved this picture because I've always said that Craig looks so much like his dad and grandpa.

This is Craig's favorite pic. I love it too.


I don't know why I'm drawn to people's feet, I really never was until I got this camera. I think it is so simple but so interesting to have a picture of everyone's shoes, how they stand, how worn out the shoes are.....

Here is the shop! Craig and I found out that this actually came from the Fair Grounds. How cool is that!!

I have no idea what this does, but Grandpa told me all about it, all I could think about while he was telling me is how amazing it is that he works with this tool and makes something from it.

THE TRACTOR. Here it is in all it's glory. Craig told me this tractor has been around for so long. He says every grandchild has drove it and I actually witnessed great-grandchildren ride on it as well...my two girls and they loved it!!